Bakersfield Metro Area, California
We are actively in search of qualified occupational therapists to work in a skilled nursing facility with a state license to practice. In this position, you will help patients improve their ability to perform tasks in living and working environments and work with individuals who suffer from mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling conditions. In this setting, occupational therapy is provided to individuals who are admitted to a skilled nursing facility that typically cares for elderly patients and provides long-term nursing care, rehabilitation, and other services. You will help clients not only improve their basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also compensate for permanent loss of function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide skilled occupational therapy services/interventions in accordance with a doctor’s orders.
- Assess patient needs, evaluate and modify care to meet goals of occupational therapy interventions.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
- Instruct patient and family on patient's total occupational therapy program.
- Advise, consult, and instruct members of the multi-disciplinary team in specific occupational therapy modalities.
- Observe and report patient progress and/or changes in patient status to physician.
- Graduated from a school of Occupational Therapy.
- Association and the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association preferred.
- Maintains certification through the American Occupational Therapy Certification Board preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current Health Certificate per state regulation or contract specific.
About National Staffing Solutions:
National Staffing Solutions has been a leader in the travel healthcare industry for decades.
We place healthcare professionals in positions that allow them to gain valuable experiences, fill the skyrocketing demand in their field and travel nationwide.
We work with healthcare professionals in the fields of therapy, advanced practice, locum tenens, nursing, HIM and HIT that are between jobs, or permanent workers looking to take advantage of new career opportunities across the country.
We offer short-term, long-term contract assignments and permanent placement positions for our allied healthcare professionals.