Statewide, North Dakota
Well respected skilled nursing facility is currently in pursuit of a licensed physical therapist for a contract or permanent position where expert therapy professionals help patients with injuries or illnesses improve movement, manage pain, and prevent loss of mobility. In this setting, physical therapy is provided to individuals who are admitted to a skilled nursing facility that typically cares for elderly patients and provides long-term nursing care, rehabilitation, and other services.
- Examine patients' medical histories and test strength, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration, and motor function.
- Create and execute an action plan outlining the patient's goals and planned treatments and educate patients about recovery.
- Develop exercises for patients who have been immobilized or who lack flexibility, strength, or endurance.
- Encourage patients to use their muscles to increase their flexibility and range of motion.
- Develop advanced exercises focused on improving strength, balance, coordination, and endurance.
- Use traction or massage to relieve pain, and improve circulation and flexibility.
- Document patients' progress and modify treatments.
- Teach patients to use assistive and adaptive devices.
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school approved by the APTA
- Must have credentials evaluated by one of either FCCPT, ICD, ICA, IERF or IEC
- Current state license in good standing with the State License Board
- Current CPR Certification
About National Staffing Solutions:
National Staffing Solutions has been a leader in the travel healthcare industry for decades.
We place healthcare professionals in positions that allow them to gain valuable experiences, fill the skyrocketing demand in their field and travel nationwide.
We work with healthcare professionals in the fields of therapy, advanced practice, locum tenens, nursing, HIM and HIT that are between jobs, or permanent workers looking to take advantage of new career opportunities across the country.
We offer short-term, long-term contract assignments and permanent placement positions for our allied healthcare professionals.